LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL
September 23, 1995
Transition Office - 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
1. Meeting was called to order with Bill Harrison, Ann Davis, Sherri Thomas, Claudia Thomas, and Doug Richardson present. Claudia Thomas served as the Chair.
2. Discussion was held concerning the minutes of the previous meeting. Law Appreciation Day was corrected to reflect the 23rd of September rather than the 26th.
Peter Slowiaczek has located a Judge that would re-issue the oath of office on the 21st of October, if the Council had been previously sworn in.
Ann presented an Oath of Office that could be used if there was an earlier ceremony.
3. Interview Processing:
Question #10 was modified to insert "Community and" before Economic Development. Verified that Questions 1-4, 6 10, and 13 would be asked of the candidates. Question 5 was included in Question 1 and Question 12 was included in Question 2. At the conclusion of each interview, the candidates will be asked by the Chair; "Do you have any questions of us?"
Discussion was conducted concerning a public forum for the final three candidates. Bill Harrison agreed to contact Stan Flemming about the public feedback form used in University Place.
No additional resumes will be considered for City Manager in this round until the screening process is complete and it is determined that more are necessary.
Logistics: Interviews will be conducted in Room #6. T. D. Imholt will serve as the receptionist/hostess.
Timeline/Follow-up: What is the process for follow-up?
19 Oct. Party
12 Oct. Public Meeting
11 Oct. Swearing-In
09 Oct. Decision on City Manager
05 Oct. Public Forum
2-4 Oct. 2nd Interviews
30 Sept. Semi-Finalist
Bill Harrison will contact Hugh Burkett to see if we can use the Performing Arts Center for the public forum. Doug Richardson will contact the TNT and the Lakewood Journal.
The Swearing-In on the 11th of October will be informal. It will be held at 7:00 p.m. at the Transition Office. Doug Richardson will contact Peter Slowiaczek to have him contact Judge Feldman to perform the ceremony. Judge Sienfeld will be acceptable if Judge Feldman is not available. Judge Sienfeld will be the Judge at the October 21st ceremony.
4. Job Description for Clerk: Ann Davis was given the assignment of finding a temporary clerk. Gerry Rainwater, the County Clerk, agreed to perform the duties of clerk, pro bono, until we hire a City Clerk.
5. It is recommended that Gerry Rainwater meet with the Resource, Governance, and General Administration Committees to develop a list of action items over the next few weeks. Ann will contact Gerry and let her know that Gerry Auger will be in touch.
6. Other: The Transition Team will have books made for the Council and the City Manager by the 11 Oct. Individual reports will be made available to the Council as they are completed.
1 Oct. at 5:00 p.m. Sherri Thomas will host a pot-luck for the City Council and their families.
|< Prev||Next >|