LAKEWOOD CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
City of Lakewood
City Council Chambers
6000 Main Street SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
Call to Order
Nomination and Election of Mayor and Deputy Mayor
City Manager Report
Proclamations and Presentations
1. Youth Council Report.
2. Proclamation declaring January 16, 2012 as Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and February 2012 as Black History Month. – Ms. JoEthel Smith, Founder and Member, Martin Luther King Jr. Committee
3. Proclamation declaring the month of January 2012 as School Board Recognition Month. – Mr. Marty Schafer, Board Director, Clover Park School District Board
4. Proclamation declaring the month of January 2012 as National Mentoring Month. – Mr. Dave O’Keeffe from Communities in Schools of Lakewood and Ms. Ellie Wilson, Caring Adult Task Force – Lakewood’s Promise
5. Clover Park School District Board Report.
C O N S E N T A G E N D A
(1) A. Approval of the City Council meeting of December 5, 2011.
(8) B. Approval of the minutes of the Joint Lakewood, DuPont and Steilacoom City Councils meeting of December 12, 2011.
(11) C. Approval of payroll check numbers 112617 to 112623, and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $1,216,339.61, for the period November 16-30, 2011.
(12) D. Approval of payroll check numbers 112624 to 112629, and direct deposits and automated clearing house in the amount of $1,109,448.67, for the period December 1-15, 2011.
(13) E. Approval of claim voucher numbers 64125 to 64226, in the amount of $310,307.56, for the period ending December 1, 2011.
(26) F. Approval of claim voucher numbers 64330 to 64470, in the amount of $616,744.22, for the period ending December 15, 2011.
(40) G. Approval of claim voucher numbers 900249, 900250 and 64471 to 64527, in the amount of $448,508.95, for the period ending December 21, 2011.
(48) H. Items Filed in the Office of the City Clerk:
- Landmarks and Heritage Advisory Board meeting minutes of September 22, 2011.
- Lakewood Arts Commission meeting minutes of November 7, 2011.
- Planning Advisory Board meeting minutes of November 9, 2011 and December 7, 2011.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee meeting minutes of September 7, 2011.
(69) I. Resolution No. 2012-01
Setting Monday, February 6, 2012, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the Fiscal Year 2010-2014 Consolidated Plan Amendment.
(70) J. Resolution No. 2012-02
Setting Monday, February 6, 2012, at approximately 7:00 p.m., as the date for a public hearing by the City Council on the proposed vacation of 114th Street SW right-of-way.
R E G U L A R A G E N D A
(93) Motion No. 2012-01
Appointing Toetu Fili to the Youth Council for the 2011-2012 school year. - – Mayor
(96) Resolution No. 2012-03
Amending Resolution No. 2011-13 by appointing an elected official to represent the City of Lakewood at the Pierce Transit Public Transportation Improvement meetings to consider the need and desirability of adjusting the boundary of Pierce Transit. – Mayor
(99) Resolution No. 2012-04
Authorizing the execution of a Public Works Trust Fund Loan Agreement, in the amount of $500,000, for the construction of sewer extensions in Tillicum and American Lake Gardens. – Public Works Director
(131) Motion No. 2012-02
Authorizing the execution of an agreement with National Development Council, in the amount of $60,000, for economic development consulting services. – Economic Development Manager
(145) Motion No. 2012-03
Authorizing the execution of an agreement with Gary Falk Trucking, in an amount not to exceed $63,720, for the construction of rock walls along Bridgeport Way West, North Gateway to Flanegan Road. – Public Works Director
(156) Motion No. 2012-04
Authorizing a bid award to Tucci and Sons, Inc., in the amount of $1,138,001.05, for the construction of curbs, gutters and sidewalks along both sides of 100th Street SW starting at Gravelly Lake Drive SW and ending at 59th Avenue SW. – Public Works Director
Briefing by the City Manager
City Council Comments
|< Prev||Next >|